Amanda-Users

Re: Correct use of amflush

2006-07-31 07:39:55
Subject: Re: Correct use of amflush
From: Mitch Collinsworth <mitch AT ccmr.cornell DOT edu>
To: "Joe Donner (sent by Nabble.com)" <lists AT nabble DOT com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 07:34:02 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006, Joe Donner (sent by Nabble.com) wrote:

E.g. I use daily-1 for a backup run, and the backup fails for some reason
and some data is on the holding disk.  Amanda tells me that she expects
daily-2 or a new tape for the next run.  I run amflush, and amanda wants a
tape.  Is it alright to use daily-2, or is it better to use a new tape?

Either is fine.  If you're going to use an existing tape, daily-2 is what
amanda will want.  At any time it's always acceptable to use a new tape.
If you use a new tape amanda will add it to the normal rotation at this
point.  What you choose to do is up to local policy.

-Mitch