Amanda-Users

Correct use of amflush

2006-07-31 07:12:09
Subject: Correct use of amflush
From: "Joe Donner (sent by Nabble.com)" <lists AT nabble DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 04:03:45 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,

I'd appreciate some advice on what is regarded as the correct usage of
amflush and the tapes to use with amflush.

If the need to run amflush occurs, then amanda tells you which tape to use
next, or that you can use a new tape.

My question is simply this:  Is it acceptable to use the next (already
labelled) tape for the amflush operation, or is there any reason why amflush
should rather/only be done with a new tape?

E.g. I use daily-1 for a backup run, and the backup fails for some reason
and some data is on the holding disk.  Amanda tells me that she expects
daily-2 or a new tape for the next run.  I run amflush, and amanda wants a
tape.  Is it alright to use daily-2, or is it better to use a new tape?

Thanks very much.