Amanda-Users

Re: New question on levels

2006-07-26 12:49:35
Subject: Re: New question on levels
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 12:39:22 -0400
On Wednesday 26 July 2006 10:31, Ronald Vincent Vazquez wrote:
>Hello list:
>
>Just want to know if anyone has ever experienced a case where a
> particular DLE would get bumped two levels instead of one.  For
> example, let's say that after a level 0, instead of level 1, that DLE
> would get bumped to level 2.
>
>Sorry, I had to ask...
>
>From the latest 20060725/example/amanda.conf:

bumpsize 20 Mb          # minimum savings (threshold) to bump level 1 -> 2
bumppercent 20          # minimum savings (threshold) to bump level 1 -> 2
bumpdays 1              # minimum days at each level
bumpmult 4              # threshold = bumpsize * bumpmult^(level-1)

I could see where a certain set of circumstances might trigger such
behavior, but in the case of level 0 to level 2, it seems to me it would
have to have already done a valid level 1 to use as its reference.  A skip
of level 1 is the one I can't quite get my aged wet ram to accept.

So me goes off in search of additional caffiene, obviously I haven't had
enough so far today. :)

message by Gene Heskett are: