Amanda-Users

Re: Fwd: Re: upgrading amanda to 2.5.0

2006-07-21 10:51:24
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: upgrading amanda to 2.5.0
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 10:45:36 -0400
On Fri, Jul 21, 2006 at 10:21:50AM +0100, Rodrigo Ventura wrote:

> Hi. I'm forwarding this mail that ought to go to amanda-users in the first
> place.

> Subject: Re: upgrading amanda to 2.5.0
> Date: Thursday 20 July 2006 16:27
> From: Rodrigo Ventura <yoda AT isr.ist.utl DOT pt>
> To: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
>
> On Thursday 20 July 2006 12:23, you wrote:
> > > 1- is there any upgrade issue between 2.4.4 and 2.5.0? Since there is an
> > > UPGRADE file, can I assume there is none?
> >
> > It should not.
>
> amcheck reported two trivial issues after the upgrade:
>
> (1) the ~amanda/.amandahosts with wrong permission (must only be readable by
> root), and it was not the case here;

I think that should be readable by only the "amanda user" which
typically is not root.

> (2) I had a couple of DLE's which include did not include any file, leading
> amcheck to complain an error of "No include for...".
>
> (I'm not sure whether the other version did complain about this last item...)

I don't think amcheck would complain about "include" files unless you
have an "include list" directive in the dumptype.  It is not very
common for all DLEs to have (or need) "include list" directives.
If you want to keep the arrangement you have, add the "optional"
argument to the "include list" directive.  That will tell amcheck
to not complain if the file is missing.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)