Amanda-Users

Re: upgrading amanda to 2.5.0

2006-07-20 07:33:27
Subject: Re: upgrading amanda to 2.5.0
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Rodrigo Ventura <yoda AT isr.ist.utl DOT pt>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 07:23:57 -0400
Rodrigo Ventura wrote:
Hi all,

regarding upgrading amanda to 2.5.0 (from 2.4.4) I have a couple of questions:

1- is there any upgrade issue between 2.4.4 and 2.5.0? Since there is an UPGRADE file, can I assume there is none?

It should not.

2- I'm a bit confused about the patch levels; the amanda web page announces 2.5.0-p1 as the stable one, but there is a 2.5.0-p2 available; however, it is announced as an untested snapshot, but still, some mails on this list announce it as the latest patched version. Do you recomend p2 over p1?

The latest stable release is 2.5.0p2, I fixed the web page.

Jean-Louis