Amanda-Users

Re: amrecover "Tape is not a dump tape" but amrestore works?

2006-07-12 23:00:12
Subject: Re: amrecover "Tape is not a dump tape" but amrestore works?
From: Martin Hepworth <martinh AT solid-state-logic DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 08:52:53 +0100
Jon LaBadie wrote:
On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 11:03:38AM -0400, Julian C. Dunn wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jul 2006, Jon LaBadie wrote:

So whatever was fed by amrecover to the restore program did not
appear to be created by the corresponding dump program.

Do you use dump/restore in your amanda dumptypes or gnutar?
I use dump/restore. I was trying to restore files from babelfish (a FreeBSD 6.1 box) on the tape server aphrodite (a FreeBSD 4.9 box). One would think the dump/restore utilities would be the same between versions though?

What filesystems have you got on babelfish.

FreeBSD 5.0 and later will use UFS2 as the default filesystem type, before this it was plain old UFS.

hance the dump/restore programs will different, which is prob why it's not working.

--
Martin Hepworth
Senior Systems Administrator

the system manager.