Amanda-Users

Re: chunker ,amandad

2006-07-12 14:13:11
Subject: Re: chunker ,amandad
From: Guy <clepeterd AT gmail DOT com>
To: "silpa kala" <silpakala AT yahoo DOT com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 14:08:08 -0400

2006/7/12, silpa kala <silpakala AT yahoo DOT com>:
Hi,

Please help me out in this problem.

I seen the socket connection between the chunker and
amandad. What is purpose of the socket?

Actually I understood that backup data send by the
amandad(client) and received by the
dumper(server)through the data port. Is it true?

How the dumper will send the backup data to the
chunker?

I understood that chunker is introduced in 2.5
version for new features splitsize. Suppose if i
didn't configure for this parameters, eventhough
chunker is playing as an important role. Why the
dumper funda is moved to chunker.

Taper is creating the Shared Memory. Why it is
necessary?

Please clarify me these doubts.

Thanks & Regards,
Silpakala

Sorry but you are using the wrong mailing list, pal. This is amanda USERS, not HACKERS.  There is a mailing list devoted to amanda development.