Amanda-Users

Delay puting to Tape/using less tapes

2006-06-28 11:52:06
Subject: Delay puting to Tape/using less tapes
From: Luis Rodrigues <luis AT ess.co DOT at>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 16:40:24 +0200
Hello,

I have a nice amanda system configured with a 7 days dump cyles (5 runs per
cicle).
We usually use a tape each day, so that means we need 20 tapes per month.

My boss just decided that we are using to mutch tapes so we wants me to cut on
that number.
He wants to use only use 3/4 tapes per week, but he still wants the daily
incrementals.

So I would like to do incremental every day to disk, then after 2 days put on
tape.

I know amanda is not supost to handle this and I know I could always remove the
tape every other day
and amanda fails the tape operation.

Does anyone have a clean solution for using less tapes?

Best regards,

Luis