Amanda-Users

RE: irix 6.5 install help

2006-06-27 11:11:27
Subject: RE: irix 6.5 install help
From: "Sung, Raymond CW" <R.C.W.Sung AT hw.ac DOT uk>
To: "Brian Cuttler" <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 16:02:37 +0100

Hi Brian,

Thanks for replying. I'm using IRIX 6.5.27 on an ONYX 4 visualisation system and I've recently successfully compiled the GNU Scientific Library using the 64-bit libraries. As you have suggested I don't think it really matters if I use 32 or 64 bit.

The options I gave the configure command are --with-user=USER --with-group=GROUP --without-server

I also had CC=cc at the beginning.

Totally beginner question: Do I want to build static or shared libraries?

Thanks,

Raymond.