Amanda-Users

Re: Source code hierarchy information

2006-06-26 19:25:58
Subject: Re: Source code hierarchy information
From: Ian Turner <ian AT zmanda DOT com>
To: silpa kala <silpakala AT yahoo DOT com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 18:17:08 -0400
On Monday 26 June 2006 04:53, silpa kala wrote:
> Suppose if I want to eliminate the sockets for the
> security reason (because of the port no) How can I
> approach . Please provide me the details.

Probably the simplest way to secure Amanda sockets would be just to instruct
xinetd to only accept connections from the local host. But if you want to
modify Amanda to not use TCP/IP sockets at all, then you can create a new
plugin for the security API, to use UNIX domain sockets, shared memory, or
what have you. That will be a fair amount of work, but might yield some
performance gains as well.

Cheers,

--Ian
--