Amanda-Users

Question about amanda client

2006-06-23 12:14:47
Subject: Question about amanda client
From: "Ronald Vincent Vazquez" <rvazquez AT ctcministries DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 12:09:20 -0400 (EDT)
Hello list:

Here is the scenario.  Let say that the server that gets destroyed is the
tape server itself and we need a "bare metal" recovery.  Now, we are
thinking about creating a "server restore" cd together which will have the
amanda client in it (and needed drivers).

Question, would it be posible for the amanda client to access and drive
the tape changer for the restoration?  Yes?  No?  If the answer to the
question is yes/no, what are other alternatives to restore the backup
server?  Would I have to install the *complete* amanda suite for this
purpose?

Thanks in advance,

Ronald Vincent Vazquez
Vice President of Technology Group