Amanda-Users

Re: Backups fail on new client: too many dumper retry

2006-06-22 00:05:18
Subject: Re: Backups fail on new client: too many dumper retry
From: Olivier Nicole <on AT cs.ait.ac DOT th>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 10:54:47 +0700 (ICT)
> The normal conversation for "sendbackup" goes like this:

In the view of repeated problem like this (I recently got hit on the
head myself), shouldn't it be tested by amcheck too?

I understand that amcheck of the clients done only a check of the UDP
connection. Maybe it should launch the TCP connections on the client
and have the server try to connect to it. That way it could present a
complete diagnostic.

Should I set-up a client 6 months from now, I am sure that on the
first run, I will fail due to the TCP ports are not reachable. I will
know what I did wrong, but I am pretty certain the first run will
fail, because current amcheck reports no problem for that TCP part.

OK that's my 2 satang.

Olivier