Amanda-Users

Re: Backups fail on new client: too many dumper retry

2006-06-21 13:36:06
Subject: Re: Backups fail on new client: too many dumper retry
From: Charles Curley <charlescurley AT charlescurley DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 11:31:01 -0600
On Wed, Jun 21, 2006 at 12:55:15PM -0400, Jon LaBadie wrote:

> Forgot to mention, I looked through some old reports, from last month
> when I was setting up a FC4 installation.  Early on there were some
> "too many dumper retry" messages.  When it happened all DLE for that
> host had same report.

Same here.

> It was a connectivity problem, firewall (check both client and
> server),

The client amandad is called from xinetd, and that is working, or
amcheck would fail. Wouldn't it?

Do I need 10080, 10082 and 10083 open on the server's firewall? I have
them open on the client. I just opened them up on the server, and got
the same results. There are no firewalls between the two machines.

> inetd not started,

running, as a "ps aux" on the client confirms.

> bad entry in .amandahosts,
[root@themoose DailySet1]# cat /var/lib/amanda/.amandahosts
charlesc amanda
charlesc.localdomain amanda