Amanda-Users

Re: No Level 0 backup possible - GOT IT!

2006-06-19 12:02:01
Subject: Re: No Level 0 backup possible - GOT IT!
From: Anne Wilson <cannewilson AT tiscali.co DOT uk>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 16:54:14 +0100
On Monday 19 June 2006 15:08, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Monday 19 June 2006 14:40, Matt Hyclak wrote:
> > > I'm sure that the problems are being caused by conflicting/overriding
> > > commands - it's just finding them that's the problem :-)  I tried
> > > commenting out the compress and index lines, but attempting to run the
> > > dump still tells me that Line 271 (root-tar) needs a dump-type
> > > parameter.
> >
> > Do you have root-tar defined as a dumptype somewhere in amanda.conf? I
> > has to be defined before you can reference it. It will start
> >
> > define dumptype root-tar {
> >   global
> >   program "GNUTAR"
> > }
>
> Hmm - obviously I was wrong, then, in thinking it was a pre-set.  However,
> I've added the dumptype now, and amadmin still complains about Line 271
> needing a dump-type parameter.

An off-list message pointed out to me that the order in which the dumptypes
are defined is crucial.  I now have

global
root-tar
user-tar-span

in that order, and the backup has just run:

sendbackup: size 5052850
sendbackup: end
\--------

NOTES:
  planner: Incremental of borg:/home/anne/Photos bumped to level 2.
  taper: tape Dailys-9 kb 2047968 fm 6 writing file: No space left on device
  taper: continuing borg:/home.0 on new tape from 2048000kb mark: [writing
file: No space left on device]
  taper: tape Dailys-10 kb 1541856 fm 6 [OK]

DUMP SUMMARY:
                                                      DUMPER STATS
TAPER STATS
HOSTNAME DISK                              L ORIG-MB OUT-MB COMP% MMM:SS
KB/s MMM:SS    KB/s
------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------
-------------
borg    /Public                           1      0      0  80.0   0:0     5.9
0:0  5730.1
borg    /home                             0   4934   3502  71.0  12:3  4745.0
2:3 22626.2
borg    /home/anne/Photos                 2      3      4   --    0:0   663.1
0:0 26594.3

(brought to you by Amanda version 2.5.0-20060323)

Slot9 begins the backup of /home, and it happily continues on Slot10.

Thanks to all for the patience and guidance received.

Anne