Amanda-Users

Re: No Level 0 backup possible

2006-06-19 09:19:26
Subject: Re: No Level 0 backup possible
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: Anne Wilson <cannewilson AT tiscali.co DOT uk>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 15:12:13 +0200
On 2006-06-17 17:57, Anne Wilson wrote:
Scenario -

Backup server:  borg
Two drives - source from hda backed up by amanda to hdb.
Requirement: /home, less directories /home/anne/Photos and /home/anne/recordings.

The two excluded directories run as separate jobs, and cycle correctly. The main /home directory is approx. 24GB long, but after the excludes only about 6 GB. /tmp/dumps is an 11GB directory designated as holding disk. I want to save the backups onto vtapes that are suitable size for copying to DVD.
***********

/home/amanda.exclude:
./anne/recordings
./anne/Photos
**************

So the file "/home/amanda.exclude" is on the client.
But I cannot find where you specify it to use as "exclude list" in the dumptype. Or did you specify that in the disklist entry itself,
(which you did not post).

From amanda.conf:
[...]
define tapetype HARD-DISK {
        comment "WD 120GB drive hdb6"
        lbl-templ "/usr/local/etc/amanda/Daily/3hole.ps"
        length 4100 mbytes # will burn to DVD
}

define dumptype global {
    comment "Global definitions"
    index yes
    # record no
    tape_splitsize      400 Mb
#   split_diskbuffer    "/tmp/dumps"
    fallback_splitsize  100m
    maxpromoteday       1
}
**********

There is only dumptype "global"????
What dumptype have you specified in the disklist?

It looks to me as though it is not attempting to span the vtapes. Can someone please point me at the likely cause? I did have spanning working at one time, so I must have inadvertently changed something vital.

What is the output of "amadmin Daily disklist /home"?

Is there a line:   exclude list "/home/amanda.exclude"  ?
Are there parameters like "tapesplit_size" that you added in your global
section?

--
Paul Bijnens, xplanation Technology Services        Tel  +32 16 397.511
* I think I've got the hang of it now:  exit, ^D, ^C, ^\, ^Z, ^Q, ^^, *