Amanda-Users

Re: samba backups and -N option

2006-06-15 18:29:36
Subject: Re: samba backups and -N option
From: Chander Kant <ck AT zmanda DOT com>
To: amanda-hackers AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 15:21:36 -0700

In my testing it seemed the file could be on the direct client,
not the indirect PC.  But I must admit I was only doing it from
the command line.  For that I was creating (touch -t ...) the
control file on the linux box then smbtar'ing from a windows host.

This would mean the samba user should have write permission on all the shares being backed up.

A likely place for it would be in the debug directory of the direct client.

I do belive that the reference file could be on the direct client. However, I think this assumes that the direct client (which is probably a Unix box) and the indirect client (the Windows box) have their clocks well synchronized.

-Chander
http://www.zmanda.com/