Amanda-Users

Re: Re: Cyrillic support for index files

2006-06-13 00:58:25
Subject: Re: Re: Cyrillic support for index files
From: "Евгений Ю Сосунов" <sosunov AT sib.ancor DOT ru>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 10:46:54 +0700
>Most systems have a way to set the default "LC" environment
>variables (of which LANG is one) during boot, certainly before
>the network and inet is started.  Perhaps this needs to be
>set on your hosts.

I try to set default environment for all system in /etc/sysconfig/i18n
SYSFONTACM=koi8-r
LANGUAGE=ru_RU.KOI8-R
SYSFONT=UniCyr_8x16
LANG=ru_RU.KOI8-R

This doesn't help...:-(

> Alternatively, and I don't know that this is allowed, in your
> {x}inetd config where it specifies the amandad command, you
> might be able to specify it like:
>
>   LANG=XXX /pathto/amandad

[root@HOME john]# cat /etc/xinetd.d/am*
# default: off
#               This must be on for systems being backed up\
#               by Amanda.

service amanda
{
        socket_type             = dgram
        protocol                = udp
        wait                    = yes
        user                    = amanda
        group                   = disk
        server                  = /usr/lib/amanda/amandad
        disable                 = no
        only_from               += 192.168.0.0/24
#       bind                    = 192.168.0.2
        env                     += LANG=ru_RU.KOI8-R LANGUAGE=ru_RU.KOI8-R
MPAGE=-CKOI8-R
        passenv                 =
}
# default: off
#

service amandaidx
{
        socket_type             = stream
        protocol                = tcp
        wait                    = no
        user                    = amanda
        group                   = disk
        server                  = /usr/lib/amanda/amindexd
        disable                 = no
        only_from               += 192.168.0.0/24
#       bind                    = 192.168.0.2
        env                     += LANG=ru_RU.KOI8-R LANGUAGE=ru_RU.KOI8-R
MPAGE=-CKOI8-R
        passenv                 =

}
# default: off
#
#

service amidxtape
{
        socket_type             = stream
        protocol                = tcp
        wait                    = no
        user                    = amanda
        group                   = disk
        server                  = /usr/lib/amanda/amidxtaped
        disable                 = no
        only_from               += 192.168.0.0/24
#       bind                    = 192.168.0.2
        env                     += LANG=ru_RU.KOI8-R LANGUAGE=ru_RU.KOI8-R
MPAGE=-CKOI8-R
        passenv                 =

}

This doesn't help too...:-(

May be child of amandad process change the system environment? How I can
check this?

                      Jon LaBadie

                      <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>          Кому:     amanda-users
AT amanda DOT org
                      От:                       Копия:    (СК: Евгений Ю
Сосунов/Sibancor)
                      owner-amanda-users        Тема:     Re: Cyrillic support
for index files
                      @amanda.org

                      09.06.2006 21:28

                      Срок ответа для:

                      amanda-users

On Fri, Jun 09, 2006 at 02:22:38PM +0700, å×ÇÅÎÉÊ à óÏÓÕÎÏ× wrote:
> Good day!
>
> Sorry for my English.
>
> I have installed and configured amanda.

> After that I modify ENVIRONMENT Variable "LANG" in crontab of amanda
user.
> But amdump which create index files still not working correctly. And
create
> index file like /\356\317\327\301\321 \320\301\320\313\301/
> /\356\317\327\301\321 \320\301\320\313\301 (2)/
> ... and e.t.c.
>
> Have you any suggestions how to decide this problem? May be I can set
> Variable "LANG" in amdump? How to do this?

The whole world should convert to american english,
then we wouldn't have these problems :))

I suspect that changes in the crontab are ineffective because
of the server/client nature of amanda.  It is not amdump on
the server that starts the tar commands, but the children of
amandad started from the {x}inetd daemon.

Most systems have a way to set the default "LC" environment
variables (of which LANG is one) during boot, certainly before
the network and inet is started.  Perhaps this needs to be
set on your hosts.

Alternatively, and I don't know that this is allowed, in your
{x}inetd config where it specifies the amandad command, you
might be able to specify it like:

   LANG=XXX /pathto/amandad

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)