Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda 2.5.0p2 on FreeBSD 4.11

2006-06-12 20:22:17
Subject: Re: Amanda 2.5.0p2 on FreeBSD 4.11
From: Christopher McCrory <chrismcc AT pricegrabber DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 16:12:50 -0700
Hello...

Is the FreeBSD ports maintainer on the list?
 I have another ports error

On Mon, 2006-06-12 at 18:35 -0400, amanda mail wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've done a "portuprade" on all my machines to Amanda 2.5.0p2
> Everthing has worked like a chmp for years but now amcheck DailySet1
> yields:
>
> Amanda Tape Server Host Check
> -----------------------------
> WARNING: tapedev is null:, dumps will be thrown away

Need correct tape drive,
Has it always been that way?

> Holding disk /var/amanda_hold: 22126684 kB disk space available, that's
> plenty
> NOTE: skipping tape checks
> Server check took 0.009 seconds
>
> Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
> --------------------------------
> ERROR: NAK amanda: access as operator not allowed from
> operator AT amanda.gaboon DOT com: /usr/local/etc/amanda/.amandahosts:
> incorrect permissions; file must be accessible only by its owner

chmod 600 /usr/local/etc/amanda/.amandahosts
chown operator /usr/local/etc/amanda/.amandahosts

> WARNING: lithium: selfcheck request failed: timeout waiting for ACK
> Client check: 3 hosts checked in 30.141 seconds, 2 problems found

Dunno

--
Christopher McCrory
 "The^W One of the guys that keeps the servers running"

chrismcc AT pricegrabber DOT com
 http://www.pricegrabber.com