Amanda-Users

cygwin and amanda on windows 2000

2006-06-09 07:44:12
Subject: cygwin and amanda on windows 2000
From: "Mary Kennedy" <marykenn AT hotmail DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 11:35:24 +0100
Hi All,

I have amanda compiled on a windows 2000 server and for some reason it is failing on amcheck. I have gone through all the details of setting up amanda on cygwin and tried to run it on 2 windows 2000 machines. Both of them fail. I also set it up on a windows xp machine and that runs fine. I have used windump and can see the server contacting the client, but I do not see the client contacting the server. If I run amandad by hand on the client, it seems to run fine. I have gone through all the permissions on the client and tried them every way I can think of, without success. I have installed and re-installed inetd. I have checked that it is working by adding telnet in to see if I can connect and that all works fine. When I check /tmp/amanda, no file is created if I run an amcheck from the server. A file is created if I run it manually. I cannot see any errors in the event viewer. The version of amanda is 2.4.5p1.

Does anybody have any ideas on this, as I have run out of options? Could it be a problem with the version of software I am using?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Regards,
Mary.