Amanda-Users

Re: tapetype definitions

2006-06-02 11:21:10
Subject: Re: tapetype definitions
From: "Joe Donner (sent by Nabble.com)" <lists AT nabble DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 08:14:28 -0700 (PDT)
Firstly - thank you for the replies.

Secondly - I'm now more confused than before!

Is my understanding correct then that I can conceivably use this tapetype
definition, but that I probably shouldn't expect to be backing up more than
approximately 160GB to a tape?  Or, more to the point, approximately 135GB
in this case?  And that I should really disable compression (but that this
isn't necessarily required) and accept the tape's capacity of around 160GB?

I'm new to Linux (Redhat ES 3 in our case) and Amanda, so wouldn't mind
things being spelled out to me - if you wouldn't mind doing that.