Amanda-Users

change order of hosts to be backed up

2006-05-31 04:47:13
Subject: change order of hosts to be backed up
From: "Dennis Ortsen" <dortsen AT gmail DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 10:35:15 +0200
Hi all,

I'm using AMANDA 2.4.5

I've got a configuration question. I wasn't able to find a similar
question with Google. I thought I'd try it on the list.

I've got a disklist with a few DLE's in it. At the start of an amdump,
AMANDA asks the clients for an estimate. When the server has received
all the estimates, the planner starts doing it's work.

What I'm interested in, is there any way to specify the exact order in
the disklist for the DLE's to be backed up? For example: I have hosts
mars venus and jupiter. In alphabetical order that would be:

jupiter
mars
venus

Now, what if I wasn't able to use a holding disk for parallel dumping
(which means all DLE's are dumped sequentially) and I wanted host
venus to be backed up first. Is there any way I can achieve this?
Using a holding disk is an option offcourse, but what if I should be
able to manage without a holding disk if I could only change the order
the hosts are backed up. What can I do to achieve that?

Thanks in advance,

Dennis