Amanda-Users

Re: incremental backups

2006-05-31 08:54:08
Subject: Re: incremental backups
From: Edson <edsonc.silva AT incor.usp DOT br>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 09:45:14 -0300
Pavel Pragin wrote:

Hello,

1. Can you please post the last log file and the amdump.1 file from the /usr/local/amanda/log/teste directory.
2. Can you also run "amadmin x version" and post that as well.
3. Can you aslo explain in more detail what you are trying to acomplish from this configuration, I might be able
   to suggest a better solution.
I also noticed that your dumpuser is set to "root" and this is not the correct way to setup amanda. You should be using user "amanda"
Pavel

Thanks for now.

Im a newbie in Amanda, will try to do this steps and post the suggested files soon as possible.

My intention is perfom a backup schema in 6x1 (6 incremental and 1 full backup) using a LTO tape drive (200gb). My target system is a "ext3" partition (/home) in a Suse Linux 9.3 box called "alpes", with less than 50gb of size (mailserver).
Current Im using the "tar-excl".

Edson Conceicao da Silva