Amanda-Users

Amverifyrun not working in 2.5.0

2006-05-19 10:57:19
Subject: Amverifyrun not working in 2.5.0
From: "Gordon J. Mills III" <Gordon.Mills AT usa DOT net>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 09:45:57 -0500
I just upgraded one of my amanda servers to 2.5.0. This is on a
debian-stable (sarge) machine using the apt packages. I was using 2.4.5p1
before. The backup appears to have worked fine, but when I run amverifyrun
to determine which tape(s) to verify, I get the Illegal slot: "-1" error.

This problem appears to stem from these lines in the amverifyrun script:
FIRST_SLOT=`grep "taper: slot" $AMLOG | fgrep 'exact label match
new tape
first labelstr match' | sed 1q | sed 's/://g' | awk '{print $3}'`
if [ X"$FIRST_SLOT" = X"" ]; then
  FIRST_SLOT='-1'
fi

If I grep for those strings in the amdump.1 file, I do not find them. Is
this a bug in 2.5.0 or is it just a problem with the debian packages or
perhaps somehow my setup is messed up?

Regards,
Gordon