Amanda-Users

RE: Backing up sub directories and interactive restores

2006-05-11 09:39:07
Subject: RE: Backing up sub directories and interactive restores
From: "John Clement" <john.clement AT readingroom DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 14:32:41 +0100
>From what I understand amrecover runs from the client machine, and I'd
rather run the restores on the server, then move what I have to back to
the client manually.

Moving on from this a little though, I've used an existing dumptype
(from before I started here) and if I try to restore anything I get the
following message:

===
% /usr/sbin/amrestore -p /dev/nst0 autonomy.deanst.rroom.net
/mnt_f/Websites | tar -xvf -

gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
Error 32 (Broken pipe) offset 32768+32768, wrote 0
amrestore: pipe reader has quit in middle of file.
===

The DLE:
autonomy.deanst.rroom.net       /mnt_f/Websites
comp-root-tar-win

And the dump type:
define dumptype comp-root-tar-win {
    root-tar
    comment "Root partitions with compression"
    compress client fast
}

Thanks,

jc