Amanda-Users

Amcheck: selfcheck request failed

2006-04-26 17:19:05
Subject: Amcheck: selfcheck request failed
From: Silver Salonen <silver AT ultrasoft DOT ee>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 00:15:50 +0300
Hi again.

In server's disklist I have:
silver.kodu     /var/log        comp-user-tar

When I do "amcheck daily" on server, I get this error:
WARNING: silver.kodu: selfcheck request failed: timeout waiting for ACK
 on amcheck.

wiki.zmanda.org says that it's a DNS problem - my client can't find an IP of
the server's name. Both server and client are in the same subnet and use the
same nameserver that definitely knows about both of their names - nslookup
proves that ;)

On server:
$ hostname
silver-fedora.kodu

On client:
$ nslookup fedora-silver.kodu
Name:   silver-fedora.kodu
Address: 192.168.1.68

$ nslookup 192.168.1.68
68.1.168.192.in-addr.arpa       name = silver-fedora.kodu.

What else could be wrong?

Thanks,
Silver