Amanda-Users

Re: Amcheck: selfcheck request failed

2006-04-26 17:48:51
Subject: Re: Amcheck: selfcheck request failed
From: Pavel Pragin <ppragin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 14:44:50 -0700
Silver Salonen wrote:

Hi again.

In server's disklist I have:
silver.kodu     /var/log        comp-user-tar

When I do "amcheck daily" on server, I get this error:
WARNING: silver.kodu: selfcheck request failed: timeout waiting for ACK
on amcheck.

wiki.zmanda.org says that it's a DNS problem - my client can't find an IP of the server's name. Both server and client are in the same subnet and use the same nameserver that definitely knows about both of their names - nslookup proves that ;)

On server:
$ hostname
silver-fedora.kodu

On client:
$ nslookup fedora-silver.kodu
Name:   silver-fedora.kodu
Address: 192.168.1.68

$ nslookup 192.168.1.68
68.1.168.192.in-addr.arpa       name = silver-fedora.kodu.

What else could be wrong?

Thanks,
Silver
And also please send the latest amandad.debug and selfcheck.debug files from the /tmp/amanda on the client