Amanda-Users

Re: 2.5.0 problems on Solaris 8

2006-04-24 01:20:55
Subject: Re: 2.5.0 problems on Solaris 8
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda users list <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 01:14:54 -0400
On Sun, Apr 23, 2006 at 10:36:25PM -0400, stan wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 23, 2006 at 10:10:38PM -0400, Jon LaBadie wrote:
> >
> > Where in your configure/make do you think you told the amanda
> > executables that at `runtime' to search /usr/local/lib directory,
> > where libgcc_s.so.1 is located?
>
> OK, so this is what, the 3rd time you told me that :-)
> This time I think it soaked through my hard head.
>
> is LDFLAGS the best way to do this?

works for me

> > > BTW, I'm considering building a Soalris boot cd with Amanda on it. Given
> > > that,
> > > is it possible to build a static version (of the recover toolset)?
> >
> > Very difficult in Sol8, essentially impossible later.
> >
> OK, well it was a nice idea, while it lasted :-(
> So. maybe a CD to get to single user, then start networking,
> and garb the amanda tarball from another machine, right?

The difficult/impossible thing is the building of static binaries.
That is the part I was answering, unclear as I reread what I wrote.

If serious about building a bootable cd, what about Sol10/OpenSolaris.
There are Live CD's being generated from that project.  And the
binaries could use dynamic libraries because they would be on
the CD with the binary.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)