Amanda-Users

Re: 2.5.0 problems on Solaris 8

2006-04-21 19:46:00
Subject: Re: 2.5.0 problems on Solaris 8
From: stan <stanb AT panix DOT com>
To: Mike Delaney <mdelan AT lusars DOT net>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 18:41:39 -0400
On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 01:14:13PM -0700, Mike Delaney wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 03:47:29PM -0400, stan wrote:
> > On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 11:25:02AM -0700, Mike Delaney wrote:
> > >
> > > Yes, pass the -R/path/to/library flag to the linker at build time.  For
> > > Solaris systems, every -L given to the linker should have a corresponding
> > > -R.  libgcc_s.so.1 is a bit of a special case, since gcc is implicitly
> > > linking that one in when needed.  Figure out where it lives and pass
> > > the appropriate -R option via LDFLAGS when building.
> > >
> > OK, should I manual add this to te Makefiles? Or is there a way to tell
> > configure this? Perhaps an environment variable?
>
> LDFLAGS is an environment variable:
>
>       $ export LDFLAGS="-R/path/to/gcc/libraries"
>       $ ./configure ....
>       $ make

Thanks.

BTW turns out that another kind soul showed me that my shared libary
did not have the execute bit set, and that seems to ahve been the
root of all evil, in this case.

Probably the resuult of the vendor copying things over from the old machine
to the new one, incoreclty.

Thanks to all for the ehlp.

--
U.S. Encouraged by Vietnam Vote - Officials Cite 83% Turnout Despite Vietcong
Terror