Amanda-Users

Changing vtape parameters in a live system?

2006-04-17 14:21:40
Subject: Changing vtape parameters in a live system?
From: Ross Vandegrift <ross AT kallisti DOT us>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 14:19:12 -0400
Hello everyone,

        Is it safe to change the length of a vtape definition on a
live system?  One of our system was originally defined with 100GiB
vtapes, and I'd like to bump that size up to 200+GiB.

        I guess if the answer is no I can always add a new tapetype
and manually rotate the old vtapes out, but I'm wondering if I can
just extend the length to make my life easier.

Thanks!

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross AT kallisti DOT us