Amanda-Users

Re: maxpromoteday

2006-04-10 13:23:48
Subject: Re: maxpromoteday
From: Toomas Aas <toomas.aas AT raad.tartu DOT ee>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 20:20:03 +0300
04/10/06 kirjutas Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>:

The Amanda planner schedules a level 0 of a DLE on the "due" date.
To see which one that is, do "amadmin config due".
Then Amanda looks at the total amount of level 0's, and compares
it to the "balanced" amount (total amount / runspercycle).
If the amount is less then balanced, Amanda will try to "promote"
some level 0's that are due the next few days, to run this day.

The "maxpromotedays" means that Amanda will not promote this DLE
more than this numbers of days in advance.

Thanks, now I understand. I think I leave my smaller DLEs with their defaults and set the maxpromotedays for some larger DLEs to 2.

--
Toomas Aas