Amanda-Users

Re: A chg-multi question

2006-04-03 21:42:48
Subject: Re: A chg-multi question
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 20:40:28 -0400
On Monday 03 April 2006 19:21, stan wrote:
>On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 05:15:47PM +0200, Paul Bijnens wrote:
>> On 2006-04-03 16:51, stan wrote:
>> >If I'm using chg-multi, the tape device(s) are defiend in it's
>> > config file. Given that do I even need to set tapdev in
>> > amanda.conf?
>>
>> Form the Example found in the wiki:
>>
>> http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/File_driver#Virtual_tapes_with_chg-
>>multi
>>
>> tpchanger "chg-multi"
>> changerfile "chg-multi.conf"  # name of the special configuration
>> file # tapedev is ignored if present, to avoid confusion, just
>> comment it out # changerdev is ignored too
>
>Thanks.
>
>And teh vtape../info files should contain the "postion" in the
> "changer" of that particualr vtape, right?

I believe this is only as a side effect of tracking, in its database,
the backup status of the individual file, and not as a blanket, done on
purpose thing.  This database and its contents are managed just like
the tapes, with amanda removing those files and replaceing them with
new ones at the same time it overwrites that particular (v)tape with
new content.

message by Gene Heskett are: