Amanda-Users

Re: amanda deleting files while restoring !

2006-04-03 21:42:06
Subject: Re: amanda deleting files while restoring !
From: "Guy Dallaire" <clepeterd AT gmail DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 20:34:37 -0400
2006/4/3, Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>:

> FMI:
> did you attempt to recover specific files, specific directories,
> or the entire DLE root?

That was a subdir of the DLE, I decided to restore the whole
subdirectory and all the files and dir beneath it, as it was almost
completely destroyed.

I now realize that I taught amanda would restore WITHOUT DELETING or
overwriting files, which is not the case. I mean, I realize that if a
file had been modified this morning in that directory, the restore
would have restored an older version of the file...

It would be fun to have an option to overwrite "only if newer" or to
prevent deleting. I don't know if gnu tar has such options. But it
would be nice. That's the kind of thing that would be nice to have in
a GUI.