Amanda-Users

Strange amverify behaviour with amanda 2.4.5

2006-02-27 07:11:39
Subject: Strange amverify behaviour with amanda 2.4.5
From: Tony van der Hoff <lists AT nospam.vanderhoff DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 12:03:02 +0000
Having, apparently successfully, performed an amdump, consisting of several
DLEs, I run amverify on the same tape.

amverify finds the first DLE image, and reports that is is OK. However, it
then continues to run, presumably to the end of tape, but without reporting
any other images. It then hangs, with the tape drive indicating busy. I have
to manually kill the amverify process to regain control over the tape drive.

My setup has, in the past, worked fine, and in fact still does using an
amdump/amverify configuration with different DLEs. I recently upgraded to
kernel 2.6.12.

Using mt and dd shows that all images are present and readable on the tape,
and the amanda end-of-tape marker is present.

Has anyone any suggestions as to what may be wrong?
--
Tony van der Hoff          | mailto:tony AT vanderhoff DOT org
Buckinghamshire, England