Amanda-Users

RE:amrecover says "Host is not in your disklist"

2006-02-27 06:43:50
Subject: RE:amrecover says "Host is not in your disklist"
From: "Foro Linux" <forolinux AT gmail DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 11:37:07 +0100
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Foro Linux <forolinux AT gmail DOT com>
Date: 27-Feb-2006 11:08
To: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>

On 24/02/06, Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com> wrote:

> ( -- Try to avoid sending HTML formatted mails to lists  -- )

Sorry, I'll try to remember that.

> On 2006-02-24 14:25, Foro Linux wrote:
> >     I'm trying to recover some file from my recentrly created tape with
> > amdump, and as amrecover says, I'm have tryed to "set config,host before
> > setting disk", but when I run sethost rasillo.pl.local, I get "501 Host
> > rasillo.pl.local is not in your disklist".
> > Why?
> >
> > Here is the full output of the amrecover execution:

> > [root@rasillo amanda]# amrecover -C rasillo.pl.local
>
> So your config is named "rasillo.pl.local", same as the hostname.
> (Do you plan to make a separate config for each client?)

Maybe, I don't know it yet, and this is easy to change, no problem.

> > AMRECOVER Version 2.4.4p3. Contacting server on localhost ...
> > 220 rasillo AMANDA index server (2.4.4p3) ready.
> > 200 Access OK
> > Setting restore date to today (2006-02-24)
> > 200 Working date set to 2006-02-24.
> > Warning: no log files found for tape lunes written 2006-02-24
>
> "...tape lunes...":  naming tapes after weekdays will
> get you into trouble when you have a day of on monday...
> better just number them, and use them round-robin.

The server I'm preparing, is for the Police Departament of my town
(I'm now working for the Town Hall), and It's a linux box, with
Samba+LDAP for file sharing, DNS services, and DHCPD server.
The meaning for this explanations is becouse at the moment, and I have
to simplify the changing tape task so much as be able. I think that 4
tapes labeled from Monday to Thursday, and 5 more labeled from Fryday1
to Fryday5 could be enouth easy. In the Police Office, there is not a
fix person as administrative assistant with a fixed eschedule, who can
be skilled instructed to perform this task.

> And, it seems the log files are gone!  Did you remove them?
> Certain files have "log" in their name, but actually Amanda
> uses those as the information source to locate tapes etc.
> See:  http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/AMANDA_DBGDIR

Yes, I'ts true, I removed the log files, a couple of times to read
them clearly, but with these log files, the problem is the sam:

[root@rasillo rasillo.pl.local]# amrecover -C rasillo.pl.local -d
/dev/nst0 -s rasillo.pl.local -t rasillo.pl.local
AMRECOVER Version 2.4.4p3. Contacting server on rasillo.pl.local ...
220 rasillo AMANDA index server (2.4.4p3) ready.
200 Access OK
Setting restore date to today (2006-02-27)
200 Working date set to 2006-02-27.
200 Config set to rasillo.pl.local.
501 Host rasillo.pl.local is not in your disklist.
Trying host rasillo.pl.local ...
501 Host rasillo.pl.local is not in your disklist.
Trying host rasillo ...
501 Host rasillo is not in your disklist.
amrecover>