Amanda-Users

Re: amrecover says "Host is not in your disklist"

2006-02-27 11:21:12
Subject: Re: amrecover says "Host is not in your disklist"
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 11:13:56 -0500
On Monday 27 February 2006 05:37, Foro Linux wrote:
>On 24/02/06, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net> wrote:
>> On Friday 24 February 2006 08:25, Foro Linux wrote:
>> >Hi list:
>> >    I'm trying to recover some file from my recentrly created tape
>> > with amdump, and as amrecover says, I'm have tryed to "set
>> > config,host before setting disk", but when I run sethost
>> > rasillo.pl.local, I get "501 Host rasillo.pl.local is not in your
>> > disklist".
>> >Why?
>>
>> Did you use the machines hostname alias in the disklist?
>
>This is the full disklist file content
>rasillo.pl.local /vol1 {
>        # all directories except the one that start with [a-u]
>        always-full-tar
>        high-tar
>        } 1

I believe that when useing this {} style for the entries in the
disklist, that it needs another entry between the rasillo.pl.local and
the /vol1, see the examples already in a sample disklist.  They All
have the format of:

dotted.host.name nameofbackup /path/to {
set options here
} 1 (spindle #) le0 (optional, or eth depending on local or network
connection)

I could be wrong, but thats the translation I came up with that seemed
to work.  It would be nice if disklist definitions were broken out into
a seperate manpage so there was a known format that could be consulted.

I did at one point when my tapes were small, use a similar syntax to
backup each cd image of the FC3 distribution when I was contemplating
its installation.  Unforch, the 'include' I was useing per DLE, also
seemed to force a level 0 every night. As to whether or not that was a
bug, I don't know. But I never did install, still running FC2 here.  I
have a tendency to fix whats broken, not by installing a new set of
problems, but by fixing the ones that make me itch.

message by Gene Heskett are: