Amanda-Users

Still: Problems with amrestore - please HELP - stderr output

2006-02-23 10:30:15
Subject: Still: Problems with amrestore - please HELP - stderr output
From: Radek Cisz <R.Cisz AT europapier-impap DOT pl>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 16:19:04 +0100

When I run amrestore like this
amrestore -f 0 -p /dev/nst0 localhost sda2 | restore -ivb2 -f -

I got message:

Verify tape and initialize maps
Input is from a local file/pipe
amrestore:   0: skipping start of tape: date 20060223 label EPIP2
amrestore:   1: restoring localhost.sda2.20060223.0
restore: Tape is not a dump tape
Error 32 (Broken pipe) offset 1024+1024, wrote 0
amrestore: pipe reader has quit in middle of file.

Of course I CAN RESTORE it on production server where it was backed up ! ?

Please advice ... I'm loosing faith in my self and open source ;-)

Kevin Till <kevin.till AT zmanda DOT com>
Sent by: owner-amanda-users AT amanda DOT org

2006-02-22 00:57

Radek Cisz <R.Cisz AT europapier-impap DOT pl>
cc
amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Subject
Re: Problems with amrestore - please HELP

Hi,

>Maybe this is some issue with encryption?

not likely. Data encryption is new to Amanda 2.5.0.2.

amrestore sends all warnings/error to stderr.

Try "amrestore -f 0 ..." and send us the stderr output.

>Maybe rpm package was compiled with it? I dont know how to check it .

"amadmin config_name version" will tell you the flags that are
configured in.

--Kevin Till

--
Thank you!