Amanda-Users

Problems with amrestore - please HELP

2006-02-21 12:45:48
Subject: Problems with amrestore - please HELP
From: Radek Cisz <R.Cisz AT europapier-impap DOT pl>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 15:05:05 +0100

Hello everyone,
please advice...

I have two servers. One for production and second as backup.

Both have streamers that read LTO tapes.

On these servers I have installed Suse 9.0 and amanda from rpm package.

When I do backup with amanda on production server , then I can restore it on the same production server without any problems.
But when I try to restore it on backup server I got message that backup is not dump or tar type (I understand these issues and do dump backup)

The same is on backup server. When i do backup on it, then I can restore on localhost, but can not restore on production server (the same messages)

These restors are not by network, then local restoration from streamer...

Maybe this is some issue with encryption? Maybe rpm package was compiled with it? I dont know how to check it ...

Does anyone has any ideas???

Regards
Radek