Amanda-Users

Re: data timeout error

2006-02-09 14:37:27
Subject: Re: data timeout error
From: Guy Dallaire <clepeterd AT gmail DOT com>
To: Matt Hyclak <hyclak AT math.ohiou DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 14:31:11 -0500
2006/2/9, Matt Hyclak <hyclak AT math.ohiou DOT edu>:

Check the setting of your dtimeout value in amanda.conf.

You might also want to check out
http://www.amanda.org/docs/faq.html#id2551493 if you have a firewall
configured on your CentOS box.

Hum... My dtimeout parameter has already been bumped from 20 minutes to 40 minutes (2400 seconds) Does this mean that there might be a delay of 40 minutes between EACH PACKET (Which is totally ridiculous) or does that mean that the backup of a client (or a DLE) cannot take more than 40 minutes from start to finish ? If so, where do I look for debugging ?