Amanda-Users

data timeout error

2006-02-09 14:18:15
Subject: data timeout error
From: Guy Dallaire <clepeterd AT gmail DOT com>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 14:12:55 -0500
One of my DLE fails to backup correctly from time to time. It happened
twice this week. This is a bit annoying because it changes everyday
(it's an oracle cold/hot backup destination for dabase files) and I
really need to get this stuff backed up every day. This is the only
DLE exhibiting this behavior.

I have to use anoither tape in the morning and RE-BACKUP this DLE
(Which normally works fine)

It's not really huge.
The error I have in the amanda report is:

FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:

sol /disk1/RDBMS_BACKUP lev 0 FAILED [data timeout]
It's no really huge.

I'n using amanda 2.4.5 the tape server is centos 4.2 (RHEL 4 Clone)
and the client with the failing DLE is a sun solaris 9 box.

Is there a timeout I can configure for this ? What might cause this ?
The client is in the DMZ, but I have FW1 rules allowing for the backup
UDP and TCP ports.