Amanda-Users

Re: 2 Amanda questions

2006-02-06 06:06:23
Subject: Re: 2 Amanda questions
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <sgw AT amanda DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 11:58:29 +0100
Jon LaBadie schrieb:

On Sun, Feb 05, 2006 at 05:17:18PM +0100, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
Gene Heskett schrieb:

ftape-tools are for some jurassic tape drives that attached to a floppy controller. Typically much less than 1GB devices.

I dare say zero usage of that rube goldburg contraption for all practical purposes today.
Which reminds me of something I once asked here already:
Does ANYONE use these ftapes (as described in http://www.amanda.org/docs/zftape.html) anymore? I don't know enough about them to even know if something like that is available anymore ...

If it's obsolete it might get removed from the docs (or at least moved somewhere else ...).

Wasn't/Isn't there a directory for such "old and unmaintained" docs?

Yes, there is: I introduced "Historical files" when doing the xml-conversion. The ftape-stuff is in there already (and will stay IMO).

Stefan