Amanda-Users

A virtual tape question

2006-02-05 10:25:09
Subject: A virtual tape question
From: stan <stanb AT panix DOT com>
To: amanda users list <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 10:17:17 -0500
I'm preparing to upgrade an existing Amanda installation.

It's been a while since I looked at what Amanda can do, since the existing
system "just works". I'm considering using virtual tapes, in some fashion
on the new system.

These leads me to a question (perhaps the first of several). Reading
through http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/File_driver It recommends putting
the virtual tape disk(s) on a different server than the holding disk(s). Am
I reading this correctly?

If so, how would I access these disks? NFS seems like a slow way of doing
this.

--
U.S. Encouraged by Vietnam Vote - Officials Cite 83% Turnout Despite Vietcong
Terror