Amanda-Users

Re: dumper: FATAL must be run setuid root

2006-02-04 19:59:14
Subject: Re: dumper: FATAL must be run setuid root
From: Paddy Sreenivasan <paddy AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Gordon.Mills AT usa DOT net
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 16:55:53 -0800
On 2/4/06, Gordon J. Mills III <Gordon.Mills AT usa DOT net> wrote:
> Gordon J. Mills III wrote:
>
>   > Stefan, the only problem I have had with the debian packages was with
> the
> > amverifyrun script. It probably depends on the version that you use.
> > There were some spaces at the end of the fgrep fields which caused it
> > to not find the tapes used. Once I deleted the extra space at the end
> > of each line it worked fine.

> I guess it could be entered into bugtracker. Of course it may just be a
> problem with the deb packages in which case the maintainer may just be able
> to fix them. Like I said, they may already be fixed.

Gordon,

Can you please add amverifyrun issue with debian as a bug in the sourceforge
bug tracker http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=120&atid=100120?

It will be great if you can attach the changes you made to amverify
script as a patch
to the bug report. If the changes are applicable in general, it can be
included in the
2.5.0 release.

Thanks,
Paddy