Amanda-Users

Re: dumper: FATAL must be run setuid root

2006-02-04 15:57:57
Subject: Re: dumper: FATAL must be run setuid root
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <sgw AT amanda DOT org>
To: Gordon.Mills AT usa DOT net
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 21:53:18 +0100
Gordon J. Mills III wrote:

> Stefan, the only problem I have had with the debian packages was with the
amverifyrun script. It probably depends on the version that you use. There
were some spaces at the end of the fgrep fields which caused it to not find
the tapes used. Once I deleted the extra space at the end of each line it
worked fine.

Should we take this as a bug into the bugtracker?

Oh yeah, there was one other issue with debian but it is not really amanda's
fault. You have to change the permissions on the tape device so that the
backup user can access it or add the backup user to the group.

Graeme, Frank, Gordon, fine to hear that the Debian-pkgs work out so far.

I am pretty sure that the maintainer of these pkgs is reading your postings and will try to correct all the small issues ...

Greets, Stefan.