Amanda-Users

Re: Release of amanda-2.5.0b2

2006-02-03 12:39:07
Subject: Re: Release of amanda-2.5.0b2
From: Kevin Till <kevin.till AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Josef Wolf <jw AT raven.inka DOT de>
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 09:36:05 -0800
Josef Wolf wrote:
On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 12:24:24AM +0100, Paul Bijnens wrote:

Yes a documentation error.
tape_splitsize is a dumptype option.  Already fixed.

Thanks!

BTW:

I noticed some wired formatting in the documentation.  But I don't
know whether this problem is related to my tools here which are used
to build the docu.

For example amanda(8) says:

                //some-pc/home normalpw
                //another-pc/disk otheruser%otherpw.fi
              With clear text passwords, this file should obviously be tightly p
rotected. It only needs to be readable by the
              Amanda-user on the Samba server.

(line much too long here)
Hi Josef,
the Amanda manpages is built out of xml source so sometimes the conversion to man format doesn't come out the way we want it. I fixed the above, however, I have noticed the table at the end of amanda.8 is not formatted correctly and I am looking for a fix. Basically, xsltproc doesn't convert <informaltable> to man format properly.

Thanks!

--Kevin

or from amcheck(8):

       WARNING:  skipping  tape test because amdump or amflush seem to be run-
       ning, WARNING: if they are not, you must run amcleanup
              (warning)  It  looked  to  amcheck like either amdump or amflush
              [ ... ]

       WARNING: compress is not executable,  server-compression  and  indexing
       will not work
              (warning) Compression program compress  is  not  executable,  so
              [ ... ]

(second line from paragraph needs more indentation)

--
Thank you!
Kevin Till

Amanda documentation: http://wiki.zmanda.com