Amanda-Users

Re: Release of amanda-2.5.0b2

2006-02-02 02:01:15
Subject: Re: Release of amanda-2.5.0b2
From: Josef Wolf <jw AT raven.inka DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 07:45:16 +0100
On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 12:24:24AM +0100, Paul Bijnens wrote:

> Yes a documentation error.
> tape_splitsize is a dumptype option.  Already fixed.

Thanks!

BTW:

I noticed some wired formatting in the documentation.  But I don't
know whether this problem is related to my tools here which are used
to build the docu.

For example amanda(8) says:

                //some-pc/home normalpw
                //another-pc/disk otheruser%otherpw.fi
              With clear text passwords, this file should obviously be tightly p
rotected. It only needs to be readable by the
              Amanda-user on the Samba server.

(line much too long here)

or from amcheck(8):

       WARNING:  skipping  tape test because amdump or amflush seem to be run-
       ning, WARNING: if they are not, you must run amcleanup
              (warning)  It  looked  to  amcheck like either amdump or amflush
              [ ... ]

       WARNING: compress is not executable,  server-compression  and  indexing
       will not work
              (warning) Compression program compress  is  not  executable,  so
              [ ... ]

(second line from paragraph needs more indentation)