Amanda-Users

Re: Release of amanda-2.5.0b2

2006-02-01 18:07:30
Subject: Re: Release of amanda-2.5.0b2
From: Josef Wolf <jw AT raven.inka DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 23:46:41 +0100
On Thu, Jan 19, 2006 at 07:31:08PM -0500, Jean-Louis Martineau wrote:

> The Amanda core team is pleased to announce the release of Amanda
> 2.5.0b2. It is stable and we hope to release 2.5.0 soon. test it and
> report it if you find a bug in this release.

I have noticed one more issue here:

The manpage says that disklist entries have the following format:

  hostname diskname [diskdevice] dumptype [spindle [interface] ]

This is what older releases already had.  But the description below looks
like this has been extended:

  [ ... ]
  interface
    Default:  local.  The  name  of  a  network  interface  definition in the
    amanda.conf file, used to balance network load.

  tape_splitsize int
    Default: none. Split dump file into pieces  of  a  specified  size.  This
    allows dumps to be spread across multiple tapes, and can potentially make
    more efficient use of tape space. Note that if this value  is  too  large
    (more  than  half  the size of the average dump being split), substantial
    tape space can be wasted. If too small, large dumps will  be  split  into
    innumerable tiny dumpfiles, adding to restoration complexity. A good rule
    of thumb, usually, is 1/10 of the size of your tape.
  [ ... ]

So i tried this dumptype definition:

  host.do.main / {
    default
    compress client best
  } 1 local 500

But with this amcheck gives an error:

  "/etc/amanda/ppc/disklist", line 9: end of line expected.

Is this an error with the documentation or am I missing something here?