Amanda-Users

RE: BRU -> Amanda migration

2006-01-30 14:06:58
Subject: RE: BRU -> Amanda migration
From: "Dmitri Joukovski" <dj AT zmanda DOT com>
To: "'Salvatore Enrico Indiogine'" <hindiogine AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 10:53:36 -0800
Hi there,

BRU and other backup vendors use proprietary tape format and there are no
utilities for tape format conversion. For migration from one backup solution
(BU1) to another (BU2) there are two options:
- Keep your BU1 in place for recovers only until retention policy for all
old data expires.
- Recover BU1 tapes to a disk and then backup up data with BU2 so you don't
have to keep BU1 around.
--------
I think that an important topic and that is why I started a new thread on
Amanda forums for discussion about best practices and real world experiences
for migration from BU1 to BU2
http://forums.zmanda.com/showthread.php?p=47#post47

BTW, why do you migrate from BRU in the first place?

-------
Dmitri Joukovski