Amanda-Users

Re: amandad busy

2006-01-30 10:49:21
Subject: Re: amandad busy
From: shoaib r <shabswork AT yahoo.co DOT uk>
To: Salvatore Enrico Indiogine <hindiogine AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 14:33:35 +0000 (GMT)
sorry I should have mentioned, I'm using Solaris 9.

My etimeout is set to -8000 (which has been ok for months) but i still think its way to much. I didnt change it as this is the error i'm getting now:

FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
planner: ERROR Estimate timeout from host01
host01 /u01 lev 0 FAILED [disk /u01, all estimate timed out]
host01 /opt lev 0 FAILED [disk /opt, all estimate timed out]
host01 /var lev 0 FAILED [disk /var, all estimate timed out]
host01 /usr lev 0 FAILED [disk /usr, all estimate timed out]
host01 / lev 0 FAILED [disk /, all estimate timed out]
host01 /export lev 0 FAILED 20060124 [too many dumper retry]

Will schedule a reboot in and see how it goes.

The above error would indicate to me that the etimeout isn't high eno! ugh but its already at 8000secs (133mins)!! Dont understand that.

Thanks for input so far guys.

shabs

Salvatore Enrico Indiogine <hindiogine AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
2006/1/27, shoaib r :
> I've had backups working for over 2 months now.
> A system reboot started daily failures on the remote machine:
> The tape server is backing its filesystems up sucessfully. However the one
> and only remote server is not.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas?
> Thank you

Just a shot in the dark, but a reboot will usually boot the newly
installed kernel if you have something like yum update set on
automatic.

Check e.g. /var/log/messages, uname -r, dmesg

I am assuming you run Linux and use yum. Simila! r things could have
happened with automatic apt-get upgrade.

--
Enrico Indiogine
Parasol Laboratory

enricoi AT cs.tamu DOT edu