Amanda-Users

Re: still permision denied

2006-01-24 10:11:52
Subject: Re: still permision denied
From: Thomas Widhalm <widhalmt AT unix.sbg.ac DOT at>
To: Broderick Wood <bmw AT cs.ualberta DOT ca>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 16:05:45 +0100
This was it!

I set the permissions to /dev/root the right way and it works. I just
got find out, how the ruleset of udev works, because it seems not so
trivial than it looked at first place.

THANKS A LOT!

Regards,
Thomas

On Mon, 2006-01-23 at 09:46 -0700, Broderick Wood wrote:
> One of the problems on the NEW versions of Linux is this whole /etc/udev/...
> stuff.
>
> At reboot it rewrites the permissions on /dev/root as root RW only.
>
> SO unless your client is running as root it will fail.
>
> You can edit the appropriate file under /etc/udev/........... to make root
> be RW to a particular group as well.

* Thomas Widhalm                             Unix Administrator *
* University of Salzburg                       ITServices (ITS) *
* Systems Management                               Unix Systems *
* Hellbrunnerstr. 34                     5020 Salzburg, Austria *
* widhalmt AT unix.sbg.ac DOT at                     +43/662/8044-6774 *
* gpg: 6265BAE6                                                 *
* http://www.sbg.ac.at/zid/organisation/mitarbeiter/widhalm.htm *