Amanda-Users

Re: still permision denied

2006-01-23 06:04:42
Subject: Re: still permision denied
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: Thomas Widhalm <widhalmt AT unix.sbg.ac DOT at>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 11:56:27 +0100
Thomas Widhalm wrote:

I tried a lot, but I still have the same issue like weeks before. I run
amanda-2.4.4p1-0.3E.1 on a RHEL3 box with 3 configurations to backup
several workstations and low- priority servers.

On 2 configurations all works well, but 1 of them troubles me a lot.

From rom time to time it loses the capabiliy of backing up the / directory
of 2-3 workstations. This looks rather strange to me, because other
devices on the same boxes back up as normal. And the problem is not
persistent. From time to time it occurs on one machine or the other.
Then I try to fix it and sometimes it works. But after a few days it
starts making trouble again. Unfortunately I can't reproduce the
problem. I occurs randomly and I have not found a way to set it
straight.

I use the user amanda, group disk, on every system. It has no password
and the devices mounted to / belong to root:disk and have permissions
660 set. /dev/root belongs to root:root and has permissions 600.

amcheck tells me, that it doesn't have persmissions to access those
devices.

Can you post the exact error message?
Are you using dump or gnutar to backup those devices?
What are the exact entries in /etc/fstab for these filesystems?

tar and dump are both installed and (dump-0.4b39-3.EL4.2,
tar-1.14-8.RHEL4) actual enough.

* I think I've got the hang of it now:  exit, ^D, ^C, ^\, ^Z, ^Q, ^^, *
* F6, quit, ZZ, :q, :q!, M-Z, ^X^C, logoff, logout, close, bye, /bye, *
* init 0, kill -9 1, Alt-F4, Ctrl-Alt-Del, AltGr-NumLock, Stop-A, ... *